Vulcan Air P.68
- Vulcan Air P.68 Observer with 3-blade MTV-12
STC - Data
- Type of Aircraft: P.68( )
- EASA: 10014445 Rev. 2 (issued July 28, 2016)
- FAA: SA03420AT
- Applicable Aircraft: Vulcanair P.68, P.68B, P.68C, P.68 Observer,
P.68 Observer 2, P.68R
- Engines: Lycoming IO-360-A1B, IO-360-A1B6
- Propeller: MTV-12-B-C-F/CF183-59b or
MTV-12-B-C-F/CF183-53 (wide chord)
- Best vibration damping characteristics for
almost vibration free propeller operation!
- Bonded on stainless steel leading edge for
best erosion protection of the blades!
- Take-off distance over 50 ft remains unchanged
with the CF183-59b blades!
- Take-off distance shortened by 55 m
with the wide chord CF183-53 blades!
- Enhanced climb by approx. 3% (SL, ISA conditions, MTOW)
increasing by altitude!
- Enhanced cruising speeds by approx. 2 to 3 kts
(ISA, FL160, 4550 lbs GW) with the CF183-59b blades
- Plus 5 kts with the wide chord CF183-53 blades!
- Approx. 12 lbs less total weight than the original propellers!
- Unlimited blade life!
- Significant inside and outside noise reductions!
- ICAO Annex 16, Vol I, Part II, Chapter X EASA approved noise levels!
- FOD repairable blades!
- Some models equipped with the CF183-53 blades (wide chord)
comply with the strict German noise regulations
for unrestricted airport operations in Germany
and other European Countries in conjunction
with the LIESE exhaust!
more information about the STC (.pdf 70k)